• Set-up the construction program and prepare proposals with the assistance of a full support staff in the division heading construction in North America;
• Advise the estimating team on equipment and labor productivities based on construction experience with highways and bridges;
• Experience with risk analysis and defining risk and contingencies at the various stages of the project;
• Preparation of master and detailed schedules with the assistance of planners;
• Knowledge of construction standards and codes (preferable).
• Assume full construction control & responsibility for construction execution; assist in staffing team, and organize all required planning during the bid;
• Responsible for maintaining compliance to the construction budget, quality, safety, and environmental requirements and the overall construction schedule;
• Adherence to the productivity targets and respecting of constraints by all construction contractors;
• Adherence to performance specifications ;
• Responsible for coordination between various trades and subcontractors.
• 10 years construction management experience (preferable);
• Completed post secondary degree in engineering or science, an asset;
• Experience with highways and bridges (an asset);
• Superior problem solving and negotiation skills;
• Experience in PPP and design build business models (preferable).