Title: Construction Project Director- Civil and/or Building
Location: Montreal (however several positions and locations available)
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Operations Canada and the United States, the Project Director will have the mandate to support the Construction Division in achieving its business objectives through the implementation of a major project given (Design build, Turnkey). Leading a multidisciplinary team, he will carry out the project, ensuring the objectives related to cost, schedule, quality and of course, health and safety.
• Lead a multidisciplinary team, including team management, design and construction under its responsibility;
• Manage the relationship with the customer and work with his team for the administration of customer contracts;
• Ensure the achievement of objectives related to cost, schedule, quality, and health and safety;
• Support the management team under his supervision in the activities related to the procurement, planning, contract administration, cost control, estimating, quality, health and safety and the environment, etc. The person may, furthermore, provide its support to the following activities:
- Development of procurement strategies in collaboration with the sector team;
- Negotiation and contract awards of subcontractors and suppliers;
- Updating and monitoring the budget;
- Production of monthly reports;
- Monitoring the updated construction schedule;
- Control of contract documents;
- Management of guidelines changes;
- Management of notice of changes;
• Implementation of recovery plans as required;
• Supervise designers to ensure they meet job requirements and budgets;
• Ensure the implementation of quality and health and safety plan;
• Attend regular meetings or animate.
• Minimum of 20 years industry experience with a minimum of 10 years in project management of major construction (Civil or building), with project value above 150M;
• Have relevant experience in project management in construction in the field of construction, preferably institutional, or in the civilian sector in Quebec, Canada and / or the United States;
• Bilingual, French / English (spoken and written);
• Member of the Order of Engineers of Quebec, being an asset.
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.