Do you enjoy sharing your knowledge and passion with people in the industry?
If you have answered by the affirmative, then we want to speak with you.
Our client has given us the mandate to find someone to mentor and lead a team of core mining experts in the design and conceptualization of IT Systems that will address day to day challenges of mining companies. Working out the RSA Johannesburg office, the incumbent will:
- Provide direction for the creation and build ‘Proof of Concepts’ and prototypes for real world challenges.
- Develop strategy to grow business and identify key areas of investment to broaden the division’s domain knowledge and capabilities.
- Manage mining domain centric solutions and offerings.
- Work closely with the mining account owners to identify gaps within the mining value chain of their customers.
- Link and interact closely with Domain and Industry experts in analyzing trends and needs of the Mining industry
- Interact with Analysts and Industry leaders in harnessing mind share and position the company within the industry.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The client is flexible and will consider candidates that have retired looking for part time work, and candidates with little IT background providing they can bridge the two fields.
- Candidates must show that they can identify opportunities within customer challenges and guide them in realizing the benefits of services and solutions that can be provided.
- They must have exceptional communication skills and be able to adjust to clients when analyzing, presenting and explaining solutions.
- They must have the ability to work effectively with remote teams across various geographies.
- They must have the flexibility to travel extensively and function effectively across the various time zones and cultures.
- They must have a minimum of 20 years of experience in the mining industry, working with both operators and consulting companies.
- A technical / engineering degree in mining is preferred but not mandatory.