Located on a beautiful campus in Montreal’s Saint-Laurent borough, Vanier College is the second largest English-language CEGEP in Quebec with 7000 part-time and full-time students and 525 staff and faculty. Offering pre-university, professional and technical programs, its mission is to make post-secondary education accessible while striving to achieve the highest possible standards of teaching and learning and prepare students to fully participate in society.
Under the authority of the Director General, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for the planning, organization, direction, control, and assessment of all activities in the Human Resources Department. He or she defines the orientations, elaborates the development plan, defines the annual plan, presents these to the Director General, sees to their implementation and evaluates the results. He or she defines regulations and policies relating to Human Resources and prepares dossiers for the approval of the Director General, the Management Executive Committee or the Board of Directors. As well, he or she supervises the work of a team of 8 individuals committed to attaining the College’s objectives.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Labour relations with the unions;
- Professional development for all staff and faculty;
- Development of policies and procedures regarding human resources management ;
- Human Resources development;
- Rallying of all stakeholders around the College’s mission in a harmonious and pleasant working environment.
Qualifications & Experience:
- University degree in a relevant field of study, preferably in human resources management, labour law or industrial relations (Masters degree will be considered a definite asset).
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience as team leader with a strategic mandate and a record of strong leadership and vision tempered with the qualities required of a consensus-builder able to foster a collegial working environment.
- A demonstrated ability to deal with complex or controversial changes in a very challenging academic milieu.
- Knowledge of current issues relating to post-secondary education in Quebec and in Canada.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills in both English and French.
- Experience in human resources management in unionized environments.
Salary & Benefits:
The conditions of employment are those of the Règlement déterminant certaines conditions de travail des cadres des collèges d’enseignement général et professionnel. Salary for “Class 9” ranges from $76,743 to $102,326.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae, no later than September 20th, 16h00.