• Establish/coordinate the specifications required for the coherence of all construction systems involved in the Tunnel and Tie-in construction.
• Work in close cooperation with the EPCM, the technical staff and the Owner Team to optimize the operability, reliability, HSE and full economic costs of his/her area.
• Ensure the integration of all project activities within the area
• Monitor and report all the project activities taking place in the area.
• Be sure that everything respects the HSE Standard Practices.
• Ensure the project is executed on time and within budget.
The candidate should thoroughly investigate current and proposed solutions, with contingency scenarios included. The candidate is accountable for providing sustainable solutions in accordance with project time and budget constraints, including working closely with the EPCM Contractor to find solutions to technical issues, to avoid delays with high quality standards. In addition, this role works closely with the Operations Team to address any modification or additional requirements that were not initially accounted for.
• Frequent contacts with immediate associates within own and other departments like the Owners Team and the existing plant.
• Permanent contacts with the EPCM contractor regarding technical design issues and Project requirements.
• Occasional contacts at next higher levels for presentations, approvals and clarifications in person and by phone.
This role carries a high level of responsibility and is critical for ensuring successful project delivery. As the liaison between the Owners Team and the EPCM Contractor, this role must take information from the Operations Team and share it with the EPCM so that optimal solutions can be found. Decisions made are typically narrow in scope but may have a significant impact on the Operations Team.
Engineering Degree or equivalent
• 5 to 10 years experience in civil and construction work
• Experience leading various projects.
• Proven track record in HSE.