The Student Services Department provides comprehensive student development programs, activities and services which directly support the College’s mission and respond to student needs. Focusing on the enhancement of student engagement and personal development, Student Services is also concerned with the general quality of student life on campus.
Under the authority of the Director General, the Director of Student Services is responsible for the planning, organization, direction, control and evaluation of services, activities and resources related to student life for both day and continuing education divisions including the areas of:
- Educational support services: Psychosocial Counselling, Health Services, Student Employment Centre;
- Socio-cultural, engagement and animation services: Student Activities, Sports and Recreation, Cultural Diversity, student organizations;
- Personal, financial and material services: Housing Services, Financial Assistance and scholarships, Legal Advisory Services, commerce on campus;
- Community services Special Education, Casgrain Centre operations and membership.
Working closely with the Academic Administration, the incumbent will provide services to students that will complement pedagogical services with a shared goal of student success.
The Director of Student Services is a member of the directors group and represents the College on student services related committees.
Qualifications and experience:
- Bachelor degree in a related discipline or specialization, preferably in academic administration. (Masters degree will be considered an asset)
- Minimum of five years of experience in Education, preferably in a post secondary institution.
- Administrative experience in a multidisciplinary educational environment.
- Excellent communication skills in both oral and written English and French.
Salary and benefits:
The conditions of employment are those of the Règlement déterminant certaines conditions de travail des cadres des collèges d’enseignement général et professionnel. Salary for “Class 9” ranges from $76,743 to $102,326.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae, no later than May 25, 2011, 4:00 p.m., to:
Telephone: (514) 917-6237
Fax: (514) 783-0777