Duties will include site safety supervision, undertaking audits, reviewing and
amending procedures, training and assisting staff and sub-contractors in the
implementation of H&S Management systems.
Montreal office based in winter and site based when on-site work is in progress spring
2011. Bilingual French/English
1. Supervise H&S for employees and contractors onsite, perform safety audits.
2. Provide training to staff and sub-contractors.
3. Review sub-contractors H&S plan and ensure on-site implementation
4. Provide guidance to staff on safety issues; where necessary research information to
respond to staff queries.
5. Develop, review and amend management procedures. Work with other staff in the
development of the company’s management systems.
6. Represents the project in meetings relating to HS&E with clients and sub-contractors.
7. Liaises with regulatory authorities to promote safety and assists with resolving any
issues of non-compliance.
8. Assertive with the ability to recognize issues requiring action
9. Takes initiative and able to work with minimal supervision.
10. Respond to client enquiries on safety issues.
11. Perform accident and incident investigation; be capable of performing root cause analysis.
12. Employees must be physically capable of operating a vehicle safely, possess an
appropriate valid driver's license, possess personal insurance coverage, and have an
acceptable driving record.
13. Stay current with professional and industrial best practices; keep knowledge of CSST, ASP, OSHA and EPA regulations current.
14. Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers,
supervisors and union representatives.
15. Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
16. Follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
1. 8 – 10 years safety role on construction sites.
2. Have a thorough knowledge of local government Health & Safety Acts, Policies,
Regulations, Codes and Practices as they apply to the construction industry.
3. Ability to travel, living at worksite for approximately 9 months, returning to an office
location between projects.
4. Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interface with the Clients,
Employees, and Executive Management.
5. Need expertise and the necessary skills to interface with subcontractors and
communicate in French and English.
6. A recognized safety qualification is required.
7. Ability to work outside on a daily basis in adverse weather conditions, including
extreme temperatures, ranging from -30 to +40 degrees Celsius.
8. Experienced auditor.
9. Capable of writing, reviewing and amending management procedures.
10. Skilled in MSOffice and Outlook. PowerPoint skills is a plus.
Health and Safety diploma or a recognized qualification in safety/risk management.
Membership of professional organizations is preferred.