Carry out site engineering and management tasks to support the project and client. Provides input and technical expertise for power generating construction projects
in the following areas: transmission lines, interconnect systems, switchgear installations,
electrical circuits, power quality and high voltage collection/distribution systems.
Provide support of engineering review, procurement (if necessary), construction, and
start-up of a high/medium voltage electrical system and associated substation.
Responsible for installation guidance, QA/QC enforcement, scheduling support and client
correspondence. Assists with review and final submittal of engineer as-builts and project
system packages. Supervision of electrical subcontractors. Ensures a safe, productive and
quality job, and controlled costs in field operations. Bilingual French/English
Montreal office based until work on site starts in spring 2011.
1. Manage and coordinate the work of multiple subcontractors and suppliers.
2. Effectively schedule electrical work. Organize, execute and coordinate the electrical
3. Responsible for the technical quality, accuracy, and standards adherence of
engineering and design drafting for the project, by working with the engineering and
technical groups ensuring work outputs comply with standards and meets contract
4. Responsible for staying current regarding changing regulatory requirements.
5. Stay current with professional and industrial best practices.
6. Represents the company to meet contractual requirements.
7. Ensure SAFETY requirements are met.
8. Ensures Quality and Environmental procedures are respected.
9. Ensure contract requirements are respected.
10. Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and
11. Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
12. Accomplish any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
13. Understands the conditions of working around high voltage lines (i.e. high-potting or
partial discharge tests). Uses required electrical reference codes and electrical safety code publications.
1. 3-5 years of proven experience in installation of sub-stations, OHL and Underground Electrical Infrastructure at various voltages ranging from 690V to 345KV. Energy production background is preferred.
2. Expertise and the necessary skills to interface and communicate in French and English.
3. Minimum 3 years of Management experience.
4. Ability to work outside on a daily basis in adverse weather conditions, including
extreme temperatures, ranging from -30 to +40 degrees Celsius.
5. Must be willing to travel. Re-location to project site is required for the duration of
each construction project. Project durations average 6-9 months, returning to an
office location between projects.
6. Skilled in MSOffice and Outlook.
Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience