Founded in 1971, John Abbott College is the only English language CEGEP in the West Island of Montreal. The College offers seven pre-university and eleven career programs, as well as a wide range of continuing education programs to over 5900 full-time and 2000 part-time students. Our staff consists of some 450 faculty and almost 250 non-teaching staff. Our campus is one of the finest in Quebec.
The mission of John Abbott College is to provide an excellent education for our students within a stimulating learning environment that will enhance their development and potential for success in society.
Under the authority of the Director General, the Director of Human Resources is responsible for the management of all human resources at the College. He or she supervises the work of an important team of individuals committed to attaining the College’s objectives. He or she is accountable for implementing policies and programs related to Human Resources management.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Labour relations with the unions;
- Professional development for all staff;
- Development of policies and procedures regarding human resources management ;
- Human Resources development;
- Rallying of all stakeholders around the College’s mission in an harmonious and pleasant work atmosphere.
The Director of Human Resources is a member of the directors group and represents the College on human resources related committees. He or she also counsels the Director General on matters regarding the College’s Management Association.
Qualifications and experience:
- University Degree in a relevant field of study, preferably in human resources management, labour law or industrial relations (Master’s degree will be considered an asset).
- A minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience as team leader with a strategic mandate.
- Facility with English and French, both oral and written.
- Experience in management in unionized environments and their collective agreements.
Salary and benefits:
The conditions of employment are those of the Règlement déterminant certaines conditions de travail des cadres des collèges d’enseignement général et professionnel. Salary for “Class 9” ranges from $76,172 to $101,564.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their curriculum vitae, no later than December 14, 2010, 4:00 p.m.