Description: Carry out site engineering and management tasks to support the project and
client. Control the subcontractors and suppliers to ensure they meet contractual
requirements. Bilingual French/English
Montreal office based until work on site starts in spring 2011.
1. Develops and maintains good working relationships with clients, subcontractors,
vendors and co-workers. Represents the company in a professional manner.
2. Client satisfaction, budget control, profitability, contract compliance, problem
resolution, involved in managing the design and installation of the construction works.
3. Manage and coordinate subcontractors and suppliers.
4. Organize, execute and coordinate civil works (roads and foundation).
5. Responsible for the technical quality, accuracy, and standards adherence of
engineering and design drafting for the project, by working with the engineering and
technical groups ensuring work outputs comply with standards and meets contract
6. Familiarity with and ability to stay current regarding changing regulatory
7. Stay current with professional and industry’s best practices.
8. Represents the company to meet contractual requirements.
9. Responsible to ensure SAFETY requirements are met.
10. Ensures Quality and Environmental procedures are maintained.
11. Understanding of contract terms and ability to recognize discrepancies.
12. Must be able to work professionally with clients, vendors, employees, managers and
13. Regular attendance is an essential requirement of the job.
14. Follow any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
1. 5 years of proven experience including the management of contractors to complete
the civil portion of construction projects which include road works and heavy
foundation work. Windfarm or energy generation background is preferred.
2. Need expertise and the necessary skills to interface with subcontractors and
communicate in French and English.
3. Minimum 5 years of Management experience.
4. Ability to work outside on a daily basis in adverse weather conditions, including
extreme temperatures, ranging from -30 to +40 degrees Celsius.
5. Ability to travel, living at worksite for approximately 9 months, returning to an office
location between projects.
6. Skilled in MSOffice and Outlook.
Requires four-year engineering degree or equivalent combination of training and
experience, plus a minimum of five years experience of construction, design, finance and