Implement Quality Assurance, Environmental and Health and Safety management systems on multiple large scale projects. Train the project team and subcontractors on QA/HS/EN management systems and adapt project procedures to meet local requirements.
Montreal office based until work on site starts in spring 2011.
1. Implement company Environmental, Safety and Quality Management Systems on multiple projects. Adapt documents as needed for projects in Québec.
2. Train the Project Team and Subcontractors on company Environmental, Safety, Quality
3. Document management i.e ensure site staff utilizes the most current versions of drawings, procedures etc.
4. Manage data within company database applications- Enterprise Content Management
(ECM) system and Drawing Controls, Agresso software.
5. Ensure compliance to company Environmental, Safety and Quality Systems by performing site and office audits.
6. Ensure compliance of company project procedures in all departments; Electrical, Civil, Roads, Civil Foundations and Turbine Installation.
7. Issue CPAR (corrective and preventive action request) for non-compliance. Records
and tracks CPAR and follow-up
8. Stay current with professional and industrial best practices.
9. Represent the company towards contractual requirements.
10. Responsible to ensure SAFETY requirements are met.
11. Ensure Quality and Environmental procedures are maintained.
12. Understanding of contract terms and ability to recognize discrepancies.
13. Accomplish any other job-related duties/functions requested by the supervisor.
1. Minimum 3-5 yrs of proven experience in Quality Assurance including performing
QA/QC audits on large scale construction projects. Windfarm or Power, Utility,
Energy background is preferred.
2. Minimum 1-3 years QA/QC audit experience. Certified Quality Auditor a plus.
3. Need expertise and the necessary skills to interface with subcontractors and communicate in French and English.
4. Ability to work outside on a daily basis in adverse weather conditions, including extreme temperatures, ranging from -30 to +40 degrees Celsius.
5. Ability to travel, living at worksite for approximately 9 months, returning to an office
location between projects.
6. Knowledgeable of H&S legislation
7. Knowledgeable in ISO 9000, ISO 14000 and H&S Management Systems.
Civil, Electrical or Industrial Engineering Degree or equivalent experience.