To manage and ensure the continuous development of the Process Team. To ensure overall schedules, budgets and target deliverables are achieved to a consistently high standard. To ensure compliance with procedures, standards and policies.
• Review and approve all design produced by the Process Team prior to issue.
• Review and approve all Operating Cost Estimates.
• Develop the process team skills base and design standards.
• Recruit metallurgical personnel as required.
• Ensure overall schedules, budgets and target deliverables are achieved to a consistently high standard.
• Ensure compliance with procedures, standards and policies.
• Develop procedures, standards and look to the continuous improvement of the department.
• Check / identify fatal flaws in design.
• Actively solicit new business.
• Assist Business Development.
• Manage process design (studies and EPCM).
• Manage studies (scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility).
• Manage metallurgical testwork programmes.
• Manage commissioning activities.
• Interpret metallurgical testwork.
• Select process equipment.
• Provide specialist advice in designated areas of expertise.
• Process Group Secretary
• Principal Process Engineers
• Lead Process Engineers
• Senior Process Engineers
• Process Engineers
• Study Managers
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Demonstrate behaviour and practices in accordance with HSEC systems, policies, values and expectations, rules we live by and code of conduct.
Be familiar with specific role requirements as defined in instruction HSEC organisation and responsibility.
Key Result Area:
• Deliverable Quality
Ensure the continuous development of the Process Team
Develop the process team skills base and design standards
Review and approve design
Review and approve Operating Cost Estimates
Develop procedures and standards
Provide specialist advice
• Client Service
Assist Business Development
Solicit new business
• Budget and Schedule:
Ensure schedules and budgets are achieved
Recruit metallurgical personnel as required
• Process Engineering Design:
Manage process design
Manage and interpret testwork
Select process equipment
• Approve operating cost estimates.
• Approve process design.
• Approve laboratory selection and testwork programmes.
• Approve proposal estimates.
• Approve final study documents for issue to Client.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
University Degree in Metallurgy, Chemical Engineering or equal.
Extensive EPCM and Minerals Processing experience.
Ideally looking for someone who has had experience in a consultancy and not just from the operations side. A Principal/Lead level engineer would be considered as long as they have the management and people skills needed to lead a team of about 30 people.
Exhibit the following skills in addition to the expectation of the other team members.
• Demonstrate effective leadership.
• Exhibit a commitment to superior design standards.
• Exhibit recognised expertise in the development of client bases.
• Demonstrate awareness of emerging technologies and the ability to include innovation and new concepts into design.
• Exhibit superior technical ability in key areas.