Reporting to the Manager Resource Development, the primary purpose of the Strategic Mine Planning Superintendent is to develop strategic plans for the mineralized deposits. This covers the determination of the optimal development strategy for currently identified reserves and the evaluation of new resources and expansion options.
The Strategic Mine Planning Superintendent manages a small team accountable for:
• Optimizing and designing mine pits;
• Preparing strategic mining schedules;
• Prioritizing exploration targets, in conjunction with the Exploration Manager;
• Preparing Conceptual and Order of Magnitude studies for new resources and expansion options;
• Preparing the mining sections for expansion Pre-Feasibility and Feasibility Studies;
• Maintaining the fleet strategy and plan, in conjunction with the operations group;
• Maintaining reserve database, including supporting documentation.
Located in Montreal, the successful applicant will hold a tertiary degree in mine engineering or related field along with 10 years of related experience, including significant exposure to large scale open pit mining operations, pit optimization and design, strategic mine scheduling and project evaluation. The candidate must have sufficient relevant experience to enable appointment as a Competent Person for reporting of reserves and some experience of production planning or operational supervision. The role requires close co-operation with site based mine planners. Experience in team leadership and management of safety systems is essential.
Our client offers an attractive remuneration package, a range of benefits, as well as the sought after opportunity to develop and expand upon your knowledge and experience with a world leader in the industry.