To increase revenue by identifying and assessing new business opportunities, prioritising the leads, developing and progressing the leads through to request for proposals and managing their conversion into purchase orders.
Responsibilities include market research, networking, arranging appointments, preparing and delivering presentations, preparing reports, participating in proposal preparation, working within the CRM system and understanding the clients’ key requirements. The role focuses on building client relationships to facilitate increased revenue growth in the region.
This position requires up to 50% travel.
New Business Development
• Prospect for new leads and/or clients by networking and other means of generating interest from potential clients.
• Develop persuasive approaches that will encourage potential clients to work with the company.
• Identify, prioritise and develop new leads for the company.
• Successfully convert leads into opportunities for the company to bid on.
• Manage the opportunities from lead identification through to receipt of orders.
• Prepare win plans detailing the pursuit team, value proposition, relations strengths & gaps
• Lead the development of proposals through assembly of proposal team and participate in the preparation of the proposal to ensure value proposition is clearly communicated and captured.
• Prepare proposal presentations and present proposals to potential clients.
• Actively pursue opportunities related to all company’s services including consulting, engineering, construction and asset management
• Lead the closing of new business deals by coordinating requirements; assisting/guiding the development and negotiating contracts.
• Prepare meeting plans and coordinate appropriate technical support staff. Prepare and circulate minutes
• Protects company's value by keeping information confidential.
• Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Client Relationship Building
• Research and build relationships with new and existing clients.
• Build relationships in the financial community (Private Equity, Banks, Streaming Funds, Merchant Banks, etc.)
• Map out the relationship landscape identifying the decision makers, influencers and detractors within the client organisation. Perform relationship gap analysis and deploy actions to address gaps.
• Networking with other industry professionals.
• Participate in technical conferences and assist technical staff in identifying opportunities to speak and present at technical conferences
Business Development Planning & Reporting
• Manage all relationship and opportunities using the CRM (Customer Relationship Management) system.
• Ensure stakeholders are utilizing the CRM system to ensure accurate reporting
• Prepare annual sales forecasts and budgets. Update forecasts & reports on monthly and quarterly basis using the CRM and other resources.
• Attend industry functions, such as association events and conferences, and provide feedback and information on the opportunities, clients market and general trends.
• Arrange strategic targets for each conference and prearrange meetings with potential clients
• Utilising knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop unique value propositions and differentiators specifically tailored to the needs of each client.
• Collaborate with the various divisions within the company to ensure alignment on the pipeline and leads prioritised.
• Development of business plans (Key Client Development, Partnerships, Win Plans, etc.)
• Provide input to the annual business development budget and manage within the budget.
• Responsible for the development, production and formal submission of pre-qualifications, expressions of interest and proposals for all project pursuits; from receipt of RFP documents to proposal submission, including post-bid clarifications.
• Participate in the development of winning proposal strategies and monitors proposal budgets.
• Maintain high quality standards for proposal content and coordinates teamwork efforts and timelines with technical content providers and in-house subject matter experts to ensure RFP requirements are met, client hot button issues are addressed, and a top-quality proposal is issued in advance of the submission deadline.
• Lead the consolidation of deliverable’s estimates. Align deliverables to the needs of the client and business case.
• Influence colleagues to achieve deadlines and accomplish project goals within allotted timelines.
• Oversee and manages proposal and marketing centre team, including reviewing performance and providing training and coaching.
• Marshal resources across the business unit and throughout organization from other centres to contribute to the proposal process as necessary.
• Deploy actions required and interact with global team to win projects with North American clients building projects outside of Americas region.
Management and Research
• Monitoring and analysing business and economic trends.
• Research market trends with the objective of understanding how these trends influence business. Monitor competitor movement.
• Actively update CRM system to generate progress reports (new leads, prioritisation, progress on exiting leads, leads converted)
• Ensure that all client related data is accurately entered and managed within the CRM system.
• Identify trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
University degree required
Engineering degree preferred
Business Management or an equivalent tertiary qualification preferred
Professional Membership Required
Job related experience required
5 years’ experience in engineering, professional management and project management
Minimum 5 years’ experience in Business Development & established high level networks
Minimum 5 years’ experience in sales, and sound knowledge of business and marketing protocols
Minimum 5 years’ experience in networking with clients at both corporate and operational levels
Bilingualism (English/French) is required